- We don't gather any personal information from you. Even if we somehow learn personal information about you (such as your e-mail address, if you write to us), we won't share that information with anyone else. We won't spam you with newsletters or e-mail sales pitches, either.
- As a hobby operation owned by liberal-arts types, we don't even know how to spy on you.
- We aren't responsible for information that may be gathered by ad networks, affiliates, or advertisers when you complete surveys or fill out order forms. Nor are we responsible for any of the "cookies" that our advertising networks, booking partners, and traffic-measurement services may place in your "temporary Internet files" directory to keep track (for example) of whether you've previously visited the site or seen an ad. And while we don't track IP addresses, which are the Internet Protocol numbers temporarily or permanently assigned to your network or computer by Internet service providers, companies such as Google and Quantcast (see below) may do so for purposes of traffic measuring and analysis.
- When you visit a Web site (ours or anybody else's), the Web site's server logs indicate where you came from--e.g., "aol.com," "att.net," "harvard.edu," "fritolay.com," or "hkcable.com.hk." However, the server log doesn't indicate who you are, and we have no way of knowing your identity.
- Finally, if you're paranoid about Web cookies, beacons, and similar temporary Internet files used by advertisers, you can disable them in your browser. (See your browser's help file to learn how.) Caution: Disabling or deleting cookies can have unintended consequences, such as forcing you to log in manually when you visit forums, social-networking sites, online editions of newspapers, and other membership-based sites.
- Third party advertising companies may also collect information about other sites you have visited in order to display appropriate advertisements on this site.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to·not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.